Duration: 6 months with possible extension
Location: Global, Remote
Reporting to: General Manager & Regional Managers
Start date: April 2022 (flexible)
Deadline to apply: Monday 4th April, 2022
About the Organisation
Climate Tracker was founded in 2015, and has delivered cutting edge training, innovative media campaigns, and supported incredibly talented teams of young reporters around the world ever since.
The organisation was founded in the lead-up to the Paris Climate talks, and since then, Climate Tracker has engaged more than 15,000 young journalists with fellowships, opportunities, and training around the world. Our network of journalists have published articles across more than 114 countries and in 24 different languages.
About the Role
Throughout the last 6 years Climate Tracker has largely fundraised through project-based, short-term partnerships. Through this role, we are looking for a candidate who can help us build on these existing partnerships, expand this network, and importantly, build a portfolio of longer term partnerships that can give the organisation the ongoing financial sustainability and clarity.
- Collaborate with regional managers on ideation, funding proposals and project development
- Engage our existing network of global partners, keep them updated on our work focuses and develop dynamic mutual knowledge-sharing relationships that build into the future.
- Seek out new opportunities and partners, building our existing relationships and extending our supporter base
- Monitor global granting opportunities
- Lead on funding proposals for our regional and global work
- Develop relationships with global philanthropic foundations who may be interested in our work going forward
- Secure new philanthropic partnerships, especially focussing on longer term funding opportunities
- Potentially represent Climate Tracker in regional and international events/conferences whenever needed
Essential Experience Needed:
- 2-4+ years of previous experience in a fundraising or sales role
- 2+ years of experience working in either journalism or a non-profit space organization
- A strong understanding of the global funding opportunities and relationships
- Working fluency in English and 1 other language
- Versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment
- Experience in working without supervision and leading programs indepently
- Comfortable working online and remote environment, including and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, a range of online communication and project management tools etc.
- Experience in CRM and email marketing strategies
- Has a strong understanding of environmental journalism and reporting
- Experience in financial management
- Able to be assertive and take ownership of programmatic elements related to their work. As a small organisation, we are looking for team members who are ready and able to speak up on issues they are passionate about and contribute to the changes they want to see in their work.
This job isn’t for you:
- If you can’t work independently and aren’t experienced in proactively leading and acting on challenges faced in your own work.
- If you’re not passionate about people, and developing personal relationships with international funding partners.
- If you’re not flexible and able to manage your time effectively – working in this role may require engaging potential partners in a range of timezones
- If you can’t meet deadlines. We work with a wide range of partners across a range of timezones. We rely on team members who can plan accordingly, and meet these timelines so that other team members can collaborate effectively.
- If you aren’t ready to work with different types of people. We have team members from all around the world who bring a range of cultural approaches to their work, and work in a range of different geographies. Part of working well in our team means working well with the different team members, and making the most of the different opportunities, talents and challenges each of us face.
- If you don’t have stable internet connection and/or aren’t comfortable working on a range of communications and project management programs
- If you aren’t comfortable being transparent about your work challenges. Working in a remote environment, the faster we can share both professional and personal struggles the easier it is for us to work together to overcome them.
What we offer:
We believe in hiring passionate team members who will collaborate to get the work done, knowing their colleagues are all in the same boat. This job has the potential for a part or full time role. For more information about the salary we’re offering, please click here.
Climate Tracker offers all their employees working more than 20 hours/week up to 28 days of annual leave, pro-rata
Climate Tracker will also offer to cover 1 limited educational, preventative medical and/or co-working office opportunities per month (due to 21 hour cut off). This includes up to:
- Up to € 60 per month Remote Work Benefit
- Up to € 40 per month Health Benefit
- Up to € 40 per month rebate Educational Bonus
- Up to € 20 Birthday bonus gift
How to Apply
After reviewing this position description, please submit your Resume and Cover Letter to this Submission form. Deadline to apply: Monday 4th April, 2022
For more information on this role, feel free to reach out to Dizzanne Billy via email, email@example.com.