At Climate Tracker, we’re taking community engagement seriously, with the overall goal to deepen our connections with young climate and environmental journalists around the world. To help us do this effectively, we’re now hiring an Asia Community Manager to join our team.
If you’re passionate about the environment, tech-savvy, and experienced in social media content creation and management, and community engagement, we’d like to hear from you!
This is your chance to be the voice and face interacting with climate communicators in your region.
Our ideal candidate will have exceptional oral and written communication skills, will be able to develop engaging content, and is a ‘people person,’ with the ability to moderate online and offline conversations with our community.
YOUR FOCUS AREAS
- Managing and growing our regional Facebook group
- Growing our mobile social media channels (WhatsApp and Telegram)
- Celebrating the success of our regional networks
- Planning and hosting online events for our community each fortnight, in your region
- Collaborating with the Climate Tracker team members to co-create content for different community segments, promote our campaigns, etc.
- Monitor and report on feedback through social listening and engagements
- Assist with building our media list for outreach with your region
- Work within our Communications and Outreach team to help improve our overall engagement within your region
- Stay up-to-date on social media management trends
- Availability to work an average of 15 hours per week at our standard rates
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics
- Proven ability to manage and build online communities
- Track record in social media engagement
- Real people person
- Experience in either journalism, communications, or environmental organisation
- A clear understanding of climate news and science
- Ability to interpret website traffic and online customer engagement metrics
- Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to work as part of a dynamic, globally-minded group of individuals who are passionate about the fight against climate change
- A flexible work environment and the space to shape and continuously develop your role
- A competitive salary
This is a remote position but we’re seeking someone based in Asia.
EXCITED TO JOIN US? HERE’S HOW TO APPLY
To submit your application, simply submit this form by 14th March, 2022.
Projected start date: April 2021
If you think this sounds like something that you’d be happy to be a part of, please don’t hesitate to apply! We’re looking forward to hearing from you. For enquiries, please contact our outreach team at email@example.com.