Get ready for our newest global climate journalism opportunity for young media professionals.
We’ve launched an online training programme which will see 12 young journalists from around the world dive into a paid 3-month climate journalism mentorship with us! You will join a wide network for Fellows, such as our current sustainability solutions Fellows.
As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish 1 climate feature story each month on through our site. Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout our networks. Our aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce. Exciting, right?!
All the while, you’ll also be a part of a diverse media mentorship programme, undergoing a range of connected training and collaborations covering social media engagement, data and visual journalism, and podcasting. A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.
YOUR COMMITMENT AS
A SELECTED FELLOW
Once selected, we will get the ball rolling really quickly! Here’s a taste of what you’ll be jumping straight into:
- Pitching and publishing a Feature climate story each month for Climate Tracker’s site, with original photos – including 1 collaborative Feature in the 3rd month.
- Managing a twitter thread, and taking over CT’s twitter once per month to discuss your story or other news from your region.
- 1 Instagram live session throughout the 3 months
- 1 podcast interview throughout the 3 months, highlighting their story and sharing audio clips from their interviews
- Guest writing one Climate Weekly newsletter over the course of the 3 months
Not only is this a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with journalists beyond your country/region, it’s a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience in reporting on climate change and sustainability issues.
OKAY! YOU’VE GOT ME!
We’re reviewing applications as you read this, so make haste and apply TODAY!
DEADLINE: 4TH SEPTEMBER, 2020
DOWNLOAD OUR PITCHING GUIDE
It’s important to note that for your submission to be considered, you should ideally send us a URL link to your open access Google Doc which outlines the following:
1. A clear pitch for an article you intend to publish in the first month of the Fellowship, should you be selected
2. Links to any of your recently published and relevant stories
3. Links to your CV, should you desire to include it
We strongly advise that you follow the PITCHING GUIDE we’ve designed here, paying special attention to page 6. Download it here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are we looking for in our Fellows?
Ideal candidates will:
- Be 18-35 years old
- Have 1 year of journalism experience min
- A hunger to improve as journalists – this is a learning experience
- A history of writing quality climate stories
- Ability to take good quality photos
The clock is ticking and we’re excited to review your submission!