2018 has been an incredibly busy year for our team and 2019 is looking just as exciting! With more campaigns coming up in the next months, we are looking for a multimedia specialist to join the Climate Tracker family.
If you’d love to be part of a cool dynamic team and connect with inspiring young people around the world, you have until November 19 to apply!
- Develop, monitor and implement a multimedia skills development program for Climate Tracker’s hubs in South Asia, South-East Asia, North Africa, South East Africa and South America.
- Work with online platform tools and a range of media monitoring tools (as well as contribute to the development of new tools)
- Create engaging multimedia content to support Climate Tracker’s innovative opportunities and campaigns that will incentivise our network of young journalists
Required General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 2+ years of successful experience in multimedia journalism / multimedia production / digital communications / data journalism
- Experience with video editing software / audio production / interactive storytelling / social media / blogging
- Experience using metrics to develop plans and achieve digital goals.
- Strategic thinking and understanding of nonprofit and advocacy communications/non profit organisational experience is a plus
- Excellent writing skills, ability and willingness to produce content in a variety of formats, including for social media, and for different audiences with short turnaround times
- Proficiency in English and one other language
- Can be based anywhere, but it is a bonus if you are based in Southern Africa or Asia.
- Can work independently.
- Passion and interest in Climate Change and Environmental issues
- Experience in training and skills development, especially if related to media/new media
- Project management experience – especially working with digital platforms
- Proficiency in maintaining spreadsheets and databases, email communication, comfort working remotely with colleagues in multiple time-zones via skype, conference calls, etc.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and regularly generate news hooks and campaign ideas.
When should you be available to work?
We will be opening this opportunity on November 9th and we will accept applications until November 19th Then we will be shortlisting candidates, interviewing them all and giving them a quick challenge to test their skills. We then hope to offer the opportunity to the selected candidate by November 30, 2018 with the hope they can begin working with Climate Tracker between beginning of December 2018 and beginning of January 2019.
What Climate Tracker can offer?
- Full time role in a global team – connect with our team with colleagues from Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America
- A dynamic work environment – work on flexible timelines from where you want to work
- A young organisation – want to work in a ‘start-up’ – well, we’re still going strong after 3 years, but we basically operate like one
- A chance to work on groundbreaking campaigns – we specialise in working in with young communicators on the cutting edge of their Climate debates
- Innovative digital platforms – you’ll be working on innovative online platforms, often custom-built for Climate Tracker campaigns
- A competitive salary based on your experience and working location
- Real growth opportunity – a lot of our past CT staff have gone on to win international awards, fellowships and scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY?
Submit your resume and a 200-word personal statement describing your experience and interest to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are accepting applications until 19 November (18:00, CEST).
Feel free to contact Andrea García at email@example.com with your questions or comments.
Climate Tracker’s mission is to inspire, support and incentivise young journalists to write about Climate Change, and shape their national Climate debates around the world. We are a dynamic, young team, and have achieved an incredible amount in the last 3 years. But all of our work comes back to our Climate Trackers all around the world. Everything we do is about supporting amazing young journalists to do best, and we are looking for someone who can combine their passion for campaigning with a passion for connecting with wonderful young people ready to put it into practice.
Here’s what we have done so far:
Video explainer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFfVfPXLgG8